March 17, 2012

Spring is here!

Spring has sprung and what a beautiful week.  I may be a little concerned how hot this summer is going to be at this rate, but no point in worrying about that now. Just going to enjoy it!! 

I stopped after work yesterday and picked up some baby chicks. Not really a whim purchase, but kind of.  This is the first time I have been around chickens since I was a kid. I almost said what decade that was in, but that made me feel to old, so we'll skip that part. . . . .   We planned to get the chicks set up once we were both home, but truckin' man got stuck on the road MUCH longer than anticipated, so I had to get the chicks set up myself. It was a little more work than I planned on, but I got it done. And 24 hours later, all birds are alive and doing well. 

We had planned on going to Madison to hit the big green house this weekend, but it looks like that will get pushed back to another weekend. With the time at home, and the lovely weather, I hit the flower beds today and found so many beautiful green surprises.  

I think I finally figured out the problem with the comments not working on here. Looks like it anyway!

Here is my weekend so far :) 

The chicks....  Cornish Rocks and Red Pullets

Red Pullet

Cornish Rock

My beautiful Tiger Lilies coming to life

Coreposis...  Really need to thin this out soon!

Hosta's are starting, too.

Bleeding Hearts just starting to break through.


Oh my gosh... I couldn't believe there was spinach growing in the garden. 
A dandelion trying to keep it company, of course!



Lilac Tree's already have buds on them

New growth on the pine tree's that survived their first year

Burdock... My dog loves to embed this nasty stuff in his coat

Look over there... Isn't that more burdock for me to go roll in?





2 comments:

  1. Yay! Kris! I finally get to comment! I'm so happy about that! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your chicks and I am really looking forward to watching them grow! Gosh...how I wish I could have chickens! Glad to see that spring is springing up. It's pretty warm here in D.C....and I really need to start thinking about my garden too. My dad used to always plant bleeding hearts in our yard when I was a kid growing up and I think I'm going to find a spot in my yard for them this year! Take care of your chickies and have a GREAT weekend! I look forward to visiting often! : )

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly